At Coral Gables, the Hip and Knee Replacement Team of professionals include board-certified orthopedists, registered nurses, and support staff. We provide advanced diagnostics, surgical care and follow-up care in an atmosphere designed for patient comfort and ease. Our on-site outpatient rehab center has licensed, specially trained physical therapists, allowing you to move straight from treatment to a personalized, one-on-one recovery plan to help you heal faster and stay active longer.
Orthopedic Services at Coral Gables Hospital
- Back: anti-inflammatory medicine, ice, heat, and massage treatment can all help heal common back pain. If those don’t work, surgery will be considered, but the exact treatment plan depends on the nature of the injury. Some of the conditions commonly requiring surgery include scoliosis, kyphosis, spondylolisthesis, spinal stenosis, radiculopathy or disk disease.
- Foot: whether you have a broken foot, sprained ankle, or painful bone spurs from osteoarthritis, we can help you get back on your feet.
- Hip: if medication or physical therapy are not enough, you may consider a hip replacement. Conditions affecting the hip include arthritis, avascular necrosis, bursitis, and hip pointer.
- Knee: knee replacement procedures are designed to restore mobility and relieve pain caused by injuries, arthritis, and other conditions.
- Shoulder: treatment of a rotator cuff injury depends on the severity of the injury, as well as the patient’s age, overall health, and duration of the condition. Minor shoulder problems can be treated with strengthening exercises and anti-inflammatory medications. Occasionally, a steroid injection into the affected area can help reduce inflammation, decrease pain, and increase joint mobility. Surgery may be necessary for younger patients with small tears that can be successfully repaired to reduce the probability of the tear getting progressively worse. Tears caused by acute, severe trauma should be surgically repaired immediately.
- Sports Medicine: whether a patient requires surgery and physical therapy for a torn ACL or is recovering from a concussion, we have expert sports medicine doctors and therapists who can help.
Orthopedic Center of Excellence: Coral Gables Hospital is the first in Miami-Dade County to be certified by The Joint Commission in both total hip and total knee replacement. We also recently earned The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for the Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement.